Thursday, January 6, 2011

Satan Doesn't Want Me to Succeed

No big shocker here ... Satan does not want me to succeed. He wants me to fail. He glories in my shortcomings and then reminds me of them. I desire to get into God's word daily, walk with God and grow closer in an intimate relationship with God. Satan's desire? Everything but this.

It is January 6. Two days of January I didn't read God's word at all. I then had to play catch up. Today is the fourth day in a row that I HAVE read God's word. And what has Satan put in my path? Complete inundation!!!!!

As if I didn't have enough on my plate, I was asked today to decorate the stage for Disciple Now - which I had to turn down - and a HUGE project was put on my plate by my principal that is due on Tuesday morning. I truly felt myself hyperventilating as I realized all that I had to do and my first thought came from Satan. "It is okay for me to skip my Bible reading. God will forgive me and I can play catch up tomorrow."

Remember Satan is the King of Lies. But this was not a lie. It IS okay for me to skip my Bible reading. God WILL forgive me. I CAN play catch up tomorrow. What would be lost if I didn't read my Bible today? ... An encounter with the Living God.

Do I want to meet the President of the United States? Let's not go there. However, if I were invited to the White House, I would attend, I would be respectful and I would enjoy meeting the President. I would look forward to the appointment. I would of course put it as my status on Facebook. All of my friends and family would know that it was coming. This would be a REALLY big deal.

I had an appointment with the God that put him into office. Now THAT is a really big deal!!!! And Satan told me it was okay to skip it. He deceives. He twists the truth. He makes things that are bad seem not so bad. He is a heat seeking missle. He is on a search and destroy mission.

Memorize the following. Claim it. Use it. Say it out loud. Make it part of your very fiber.
"No temptation has seized you except that which is common to man. And God is faithful. He will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you can bear. BUT WHEN YOU ARE TEMPTED, He will provide you with a way out so that you can stand up under it." I Corinthians 10:13

The score today ... Mona 1 Satan 0! Take that Satan. I have God on my side! I WILL sin. I WILL be forgiven. But I will also conquer it!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Amen to that! Miss a good bible study with you and now have one again! Well sorta but I'll take it! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another big weapon Satan likes to use with me is emphasizing my failures. When I am trying to develop a good habit, when I miss ONCE, satan is right there saying, "see, i knew you couldn't do this." "what's the point? you'll never be able to do this."

    My best weapon is to call on the power of God, get back on that horse, and try again!

    ReplyDelete